Terms & Conditions
Fujifilm UK Student Awards
1. The promoter is Fujifilm UK Limited, Unit 10A, St Martins Business Centre, St Martins Way, Bedfordshire, MK42 0LF (“Promoter”).
2. Entry is open to students of any age who are undertaking a full or part-time course at a UK based school, college or university. The competition is not open to employees of Fujifilm UK Limited their families and relatives, and anyone else connected with this competition.
3. Entries are accepted from 2nd November 2016. The closing date for entries is 31 March 2016. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the closing date specified above for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are not valid.
4. Entry into this competition is free of charge and the number of entries is unlimited.
5. To enter, entrants must submit an image of their photograph online at www.fujifilmstudentawards.co.uk (“Website”) on the basis of the brief and information set out on the Website. All photographs must be taken on Fujifilm film.
6. Up to 30 Merit winners from all correctly completed entries will be selected by an independent judging panel to be chosen by the Promoter. Within 14 days of the Promoter notifying each Merit winner that their Entry is a winning Merit Entry, each Merit winner must submit a final print for judging on Fujifilm photographic paper, i.e. Fujicolor Crystal Archive paper, Fujifilm Multijet inkjet paper or Fujifilm Pictrography/Pictrostat paper without a mount or folder. Entries printed on any Black & White paper will be accepted. The maximum size for prints is A4. Please note that entries not presented as stated in the rules will be rejected.
7. Merit judging takes place in April 2016 and the final judging will be completed by May 2016, with the winner to be announced during May 2016. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The student submitting the best individual Entry will be deemed the winner and will be awarded the title of Fujifilm Student Photographer of the Year 2016. The winner will receive a prize fund as stated on the Website and may be updated at any time.
9. The overall winners and the Merit winners will be notified via email or post within 28 days after the Merit judging or final judging takes place. The winner and each Merit winner must claim their prize within 14 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
10. By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her Entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such Entry makes use of any third party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims that the Entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person.
11. Copyright remains the property of the photographer at all times but each entrant grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive, sub-licensable perpetual, royalty-free, world-wide licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publish, distribute and display any Entry submitted as part of this competition in any media now known or hereafter invented. If you do not want to grant these rights, please do not enter this competition.
12. Prizes are not transferable.
13. If the quality of entries fall below the required standard, Fujifilm UK Limited reserves the right not to award a first prize or any merit winning prizes.
14. The winner and the Merit winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
15. By entering this competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. These terms are governed by the Laws of England and Wales.